Saturday, January 9, 2010

AVATAR

As far as my memory serves me right I have not watched a movie for ages... years.. literally... my son is almost 2 years... which means I've not set foot in a movie theatre for 2 years... and if my memory serves me right.. I did not watch any movies at the cinema during my pregnancy... that's another 9 months of non-movie activity...

Then AVATAR by James Cameron came out! We decided that we MUST atleast not miss the boat on this one.. we missed out on Twilight (finally manage to see what the fuss is about once it was shown in HBO) ... missed out on the last two Harry Potter movies...

Watching cinema seemed to be the last thing on our mind... in light of finding time to take off to catch a movie, finding a baby-sitter for Emir during the weekends... cupcakes... etc etc...

So after our little mini vacation, we decided... to catch AVATAR after reading and hearing all the raving reviews about the same. Emir of course had to go to nursery/school that day... I wish that he was old enough to appreciate watching a movie in the cinema... but I doubt that my little one would have the ability to stay still and focus for the next 2hr 45mins ... but when I sent him to nursery that morning he had a big grin on his face cause he already saw his friend, Amar Zaim at the door... so Erwin and I can go and catch a movie... guilt-free...

I know that literature has said that a couple has to take time off for themselves... but for Erwin and I .. we do want to make the effort and will still do so... but we just love that little boy so much... that after the movie we went straight to nursery to pick him up cause we miss him sooo much.... and even got him new Ultraman toys.. which he is totally obsessed about!

Anyways, review of movie... I had zero idea of what the movie was about and Erwin did tell me it had nothing to do with Ang the Avatar... and I wanted to catch the movie with zero idea/expectation to have a good clean review of the same.

I gave it 7/10. Only cause I found some scenes a bit slow and that was the only flaw. Most probably I'd give it a different review had I watched the movie in 3D... (but the earliest show was at 315pm and we had to pick up Emir latest by 530pm) ... but once is enough for me...

Erwin loved it!

Other than that... the movie is superb. The CGI... the cinematography... songs... characters..

Oh ya, that's the first time we've been to MBO The Spring. Facilities and surroundings were impressive. Never in a million years I would think that Kuching would have something of that standard... but then again, there was a brief moment when the sound system wasnt really functioning during AVATAR... So there was a bit let down there...

But all in all it was a fun day for me and hubby... and we plan to make this a monthly event... dating.. just the two of us =)



No comments: