Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Tribute to Yasmine Ghazali

Yasmine Ghazali, 17, was taken too soon from her loved ones.. diagnosed with brain cancer stage 2 she underwent a surgery to remove the tumor on Monday (6.9.2010)... and yet Allah swt Almighty decides that it is indeed her time to go... Pronounced dead at 915pm at her family's home on 9.9.2010 @ Thursday night (the 1st of Syawal @ Friday according to the Muslim calendar) ... we lost a wonderful sweet soul...

Such cruelty that a parent had to see the demise of child, no parent should bury their child... I could not possibly in a million year fathom what Bang Ghazali and Kak Lina feels right now despite their smiles and brave front... I remember how hurtful it was to lose my mom to cancer... but to lose your child in a span of a week.. is unimaginable...

I remember her being this very respectful young girl.. taught well and raised well by her family... very friendly... outgoing ... a bit shy at times but does not deter her to be outspoken...

I only saw her on Wednesday (8.9.2010) ... late afternoon when Erwin got news from his dad of her critical condition... we were informed that she has suffered fever and that there was no change to the dangerously high pressure on her brain... When they finally took her out of ICU to have a brain scan that was when I saw her... head shaven clean when there used to be such long thick black hair... tubes... eyes closed when there used to be such laughter and such a promising future...

All the while I kept telling myself and Erwin that she WILL bounce back.... she WILL ... she WILL... she is young and that many has survived ... but we are only His humble servants...

She will be remembered well by her family and friends.... too short of a time spent here physically... but she will be remembered for a lifetime in our hearts and minds... for whom she could have been ... but most of all... for the beautiful person that she was... sweet young and innocent...

Yasmine... Al Fatihah and may your soul rest in peace. Amin.

Something to remember you by dear Yasmine....

Love
Aunty Anor

Note: While writing this.. it dawned on me... I lost my mother 8 years ago ... on the 10.9.

Further note: It took me years before I could go through my late mom's belongings... I pray that Allah swt will give strength to Yasmine's family to go through this rough times....


No comments: