Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Toh Yuen Restaurant @ Hilton @ Tues @ 13.10.2009


Birthdays are a big thing in our family.

When my late mom was alive, there will always be makan-makan to celebrate this day. I do miss her a lot...


Anyways, my brother Yusuf's birthday was last month 25.9.2009 and unfortunately I was sick with high fever and was bed-ridden for two days. So I forgot... and I felt so bad... but the week after we had an open house so Erwin said it's a double celebration... our first raya open house cum Usup's bday celebration hehehe...

My sister's birthday was on 13.10.2009 and since Erwin had the 50% discount voucher at Hilton's Toh Yuen Restaurant and so what better time to try and use the same and have some fancy smancy fine dinin dinner. I mean we could have gone an ate our heart out eating seafood at Taman Kereta... but once in a while dinner with nice ambiance would be a nice change dont you think?



It rained that night so we were glad that we decided to go to Hilton otherwise we'd be having dinner in the rain hehehe

So we arrived at 8-ish and so the restaurant has prepared our dishes and was ready to serve. Emir was in a foul mood coz he was already sleepy in the car but I didnt let him fall asleep and tried my best to distract him until we reached Hilton coz he has not had his milk that evening and I do not want to go to sleep on an empty tummy.

Alhamdulillah, he managed to stay awake just in time to catch my brother, my cousin Milah, my sis and Usup's special friend, Ayon taking pictures in the parking lot. God, they're so vain hehehe

While waiting for the food to be served, the girls and Usup took like a million no of photos inside and outside the restaurant and Erwin and I and Emir went to the cafe near the lobby to buy a slice of cake to be shared between Usup and Jijah (we meant this to be a surprise but later on a waiter came and asked whether the cake is to be served before or after dinner...bummer)... The slice of marble cheese cake was nice...








We bought Emir one cheese bun (which later we found out was filled with lots and lots of creamy cheese - no wonder it cost a bomb!) coz he gets very cranky when he is hungry... just like his daddy... and yes mummy too hehehe




So, we had fish, bamboo chicken (specifically ordered for Emir) with white rice. We had an agreement that we wont order drinks coz they are ridiculously over priced and agreed to a shared pot of jasmine tea... but later one the bday girl said she just had to have a glass of coke, so everybody followed suit... and guess what, the one (1) can of Coke cost RM9! (Later on Erwin bought one huge bottle of Coke and 100 Plus at 7-11 and both didnt even amount to RM9! and My cousin stopped at a UniShop to also buy one huge bottle of Coke and later on my brother who came back after sending Ayon off to Samarahan, came back with also a huge bottle of soda water).... and all the four bottles cost cheaper than the 5 cans of coke we had at Hilton...






All in all, we had a good time... the food was nice (but knowing my family members they would prefer to be guzzling down huge amount of food at Taman Kereta)... the place was lovely.... the service was fantastic of course...









Emir "cannot tahan" (couldnt stand it already) that he gave me this look when I took this picture... time to go home mummy it's pass my bed time and I am sleepy...




... Once we reached home, with him screaming his head off... we had to clean him up a bit and change his clothes before he goes off to bed...



... so tired.... nap time....









Happy birthday Anjang Jijah and Udak Usup. May you be happy always and may you will always be blessed with the grace and blessing of Allah swt.






No comments: